MILLIONAIRE HOT SEAT ("THE PROGRAM"} AUDITION TO APPEAR AS A CONTESTANT ON THE PROGRAM
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on "How to Enter'' and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years and over, except employees of the Promoter and their immediate families or their defacto/married partner of any companies affiliated, associated or otherwise connected with:
a. Nine Network Australia Pty Limited or any subsidiary corporation;
b. Sony International Pictures or any subsidiary corporation;
c. Sony Pictures Television UK Rights Limited or any subsidiary corporation
d. JamTV Australia Pty Ltd
e. Reality Store Holdings Pty Ltd (ACN 640 492 806), operating as Reality Store (“Reality Store”) and
f. any other entity nominated by the Producer in its absolute discretion.
3. The "Program" is Millionaire Hot Seat.
4. The Promoter may exclude in its discretion any person(s) with a criminal record.
5. At the Promoter's absolute discretion, any person who has appeared on the Program or on the program titled “Millionaire Hot Seat" before:
a. As a Contestant; and
b. Whose appearances may or may not have been broadcast,
is not eligible to be a Contestant again. "Contestant" means any Participant selected by the Promoter to participate as a contestant in the Program and who participates as a contestant in any episode of the Program produced by the Promoter.
6. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Program, the Promoter may suspend or end the Promotion, and reserves the right to:
i. Disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process; and
ii. Re-do any part of the Program again.
All Participants acknowledge and agree that they have no claim against the Program in the event that (i) and/or (ii) occur.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant for tampering with the entry process.
8. The judge's decision in relation to any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
9. Each Participant agrees that the Promoter's decision on all matters relating to or arising from the Program (including, without limitation, the production of the Program (including, without limitation, creative control of the Program), the selection of Contestants and on all aspects of the game being played on the Program (including without limitation, any computer malfunctions, penalties, disqualifications, the interpretation of questions and answers and the awarding of prizes) are:
a. At the sole and exclusive discretion of the Promoter;
c. Binding; and
d. Not subject to appeal
11. The Promoter reserves the right to review these Conditions of Entry at any given time and the Conditions of Entry for any given episode will be governed by the most recent version of these Conditions of Entry prior to recording of that episode of the Program.
13. The Promoter is not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries occurring in relation to the conduct of the Promotion. Additionally, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any email and/or SMS message not received by Participants and/or delays in the delivery of any email and/or SMS message due to technical disruptions or for any other reason (including, without limitation, any failure or delay by a service provider in delivery of any email and/or SMS message sent to you in relation to the Promotion.
14. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable to you in respect of any claim for any loss or damage whatsoever (including, without limitation, any consequential, indirect, special, punitive or incidental damages) or for any personal injury suffered by you as a result of or in connection with the Promoter's Promotion.
15. The "Audition Process" consists of two (2) stages. The first stage of the audition process "Casting Call" is open to all people who satisfy the conditions of entry above and is as detailed below. The second stage of the audition process "Audition" is by invitation only.
16. Certain stages of the Audition process are a game of a skill and subject to the judging and selection criteria as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. The judging and selection criteria includes but is not limited to the participants audition location preference, demographic profile, suitability for the Program as determined by the Promoter and examination results and responses.
17. Selection to participate in any stage of the Audition Process does not guarantee progression in the Audition Process or participation in the Program.
18. Participants may only register once except as set out in clause 40. At the discretion of the Promoter, any attempts to enter repeatedly including but not limited to entering under a false or pseudo name may result in all entries made by that participant being deemed invalid.
19. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the participant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited.
20. By registering, Participants give the Promoter and Reality Store express permission to be contacted at any time by email, SMS and or telephone regarding their entry into the Promotion. This includes but is not limited to automated email or SMS messages advising Participants of the status of their entry
21. For the removal of doubt, all costs associated with participating in the audition process are the responsibility of the Participant. This includes travel and accommodation (where necessary) to participate in the audition process.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to accept a contestant who has not undertaken all elements of the audition process
23. To register for the Casting Call, Participants must visit www.ninemsn.com.au/millionaire and provide their demographic and contact details.
24. Entries not completed in accordance with the Conditions of Entry will not be considered. Incomplete, incomprehensible entries and/or entries with invalid or incorrect email address and/or mobile telephone numbers will be disregarded.
25. Participants may only register in their own name and cannot register on behalf of any other individual. Registration is not transferable.
26. Entries received from the Casting Call will be individually judged to ensure each Participant has a fair and equal chance of progressing. The Promoter will then review (as required) these entries according to the judging and selection criteria and apply this criteria to determine which Participants are to be invited to the Audition stage.
27. Auditions will occur from time to time as may be deemed necessary by the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, to meet the production schedule and requirements of the Program to be determined by the Promoter.
28. Participants selected by the Promoter to be invited to the Audition stage will be contacted by email and/or SMS using the details provided in their registration
29. Participants invited to the Audition will receive an email message advising of the location and audition time for their audition.
30. For the removal of doubt email and/or SMS messages sent by the Promoter will be deemed to be received by Participants 8 hours after having been sent from the Promoter’s database not at the time of receipt or reading by the Participant.
31. The email notification will include specific details of the date, time and venue for the audition. If a Participant is unable to attend the venue at the date and time advised, their application may be placed back into the database to be invited to an Audition at a later time. The Promoter cannot guarantee another audition date will be offered. .
32. Participants who receive an email invitation to the Audition will be requested to reply to this email to confirm their attendance. Failure to reply to the email within the time specified in the email by the Promoter may result in their registration and/or invitation being forfeited.
33.For the removal of doubt, the Audition will not be the date, time and/or venue where any appearance on the Program is recorded. This will occur at a later date, time and venue as determined by the Promoter.
34. Participants invited to the Audition should allocate 3 hours to the audition process and will be required to remain at the venue at all times during the audition process. If a Participant fails to remain at the venue, the Promoter reserves the right to deem the Participants registration invalid and exclude them from further participation in the audition process and/or the Promotion.
35. Participants invited to the Audition may be required amongst other things to take a written test, complete a questionnaire, and an interview as part of the process. Refusal or failure to complete any element of the Audition Process as requested by the Promoter will result in the Participants entry being deemed invalid and excluded from the Promotion. The Promoter also reserves the right to contact a Participant after the Audition to clarify any and/or all element of their audition.
36. By participating in the Audition, Participants consent to being photographed and/or having any element of their participation recorded. Participants also consent to the Promoter using such photographs and/or recordings in any media worldwide in perpetuity.
37. For the removal of doubt, the written test during the Audition stage forms only one part of the overall judging and selection criteria. Participants are advised that any and all parts of the Audition, including but not limited to their conduct during the process, any follow up enquiries by the Promoter, will form part of the overall selection criteria.
38. Throughout the Audition process the Promoter will apply the judging and selection criteria to determine a list of Contestants who will be invited to participate in the Program on a designated date ("Appearance Date"). Determination of timing at which judging occurs is at the absolute discretion of the Promoter.
39. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, invite any Participant who has:
a. Previously attended an Audition at the Promoter’s invitation; and
b. Not been notified by the Promoter that they have successfully progressed through the Audition Process to be selected as a Contestant,
to attend further Audition(s).
40. Participants who are selected to be Contestants will be notified by telephone and told the date and approximate time they will be required and to arrange for their attendance at the Docklands Studios Melbourne Victoria on the Appearance Date.
41. The Promoter will, at its discretion, offer to pay flight and accommodation costs where applicable with the Contestant’s participation in this aspect of the Promotion (this excludes meals, beverages or any other expenses of a personal nature)
42. No fee will be paid to the Contestants for any attendance at the studio or in respect of any loss of earnings incurred because of attendance at the studio. This is the responsibility of the Contestant.
43. If a Contestant fails to attend the studio on the Appearance Date at the arranged time for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to exclude the Contestant from the Program.
44. The Promoter reserves the right to request Contestants provide proof of identity. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Program.
RECORDING THE PROGRAM
45. On the Appearance Date, the Contestant will be met at the studio and will be required to sign a standard form agreement in relation to the Program. The standard form agreement will include, amongst other things, confirmation that
i. they have understood and agree to the Rules;
ii. that they consent to the recording of their contribution to the Program and to the exploitation of the Program in all media worldwide; and
iii. they consent to a search of their person and belongings to ensure that they do not have any device or other thing that would assist them in the contest.
46. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Conditions of Entry and the Rules, the Rules prevail.
47. The Producer will then identify the six (6) Contestants to appear on each episode of the Program
48. The 6 contestants will be allocated a number from 1 to 6 (inclusive). The allocation of numbers is at the Producers’ absolute discretion. Each contestant will sit in the seat that is labelled with the number that they are allocated. This determines the order of play. Exactly 15 questions will be asked in the Fastest Finger First round. The winner of the Fast Finger First round will be awarded $1000, which they can keep or choose to use within the main game. The person in seat 1 will then move into the “Hot Seat”. The first question to be asked will be a level 1 question. One of the Contestants must give the Correct Answer to a level 1 question before a level 2 question will be asked and so forth. Accordingly, each answer other than the Correct Answer ("Incorrect Answer") reduces the amount of money available to be won by one level (for example, the level 15 questions will not be reaches if more than one question is asked at level 1). Each level has a dollar value as follows:
- $1,000 (Safe)
49. The only "safe level" is at level 5, for $1,000, for the Correct Answer of a question at level 5. Therefore, once a Correct Answer is given to a level 5 question the Contestant who is asked the fifteenth question will win $1,000 even if they do not answer that question correctly.
50. The Contestant sitting in the Hot Seat will be asked a question and given four alternative answers. The Contestant can elect to answer the question or pass the question to the Contestant sitting in "Seat Number 1".
51. If the Contestant sitting in the Hot Seat elects to answer the question and provides the Correct Answer to the question, they will be asked the next question and may elect to answer or pass the question to the Contestant sitting in Seat Number 1 and so forth.
52. If the Contestant sitting in the Hot Seat elects to answer the question and provides an Incorrect Answer to the question then that Contestant is eliminated from the Program, and the Contestant sitting in Seat Number 1 moves into the Hot Seat and all other Contestants move up a seat. The Contestant now sitting in the Hot Seat will be asked the next question and that question will be at the same level as the previous question.
53. If the Contestant sitting in the Hot Seat elects to pass the question, the Contestant sitting in Seat Number 1 will move into the Hot Seat, the remaining Contestants will move up a seat and the Contestant that just passed the question will move to the first vacant seat out of the seats numbered 1 to 6. The Contestant to whom the question was passed will be asked the same question and cannot pass.
54. Each Contestant can only elect to pass once. If a Contestant elects to pass a question, the Contestant is not eliminated, but returns to the numbered seats and will move up along those seats with the other Contestants as play progresses. A Contestant may not pass a question if the preceding Contestant has left the Hot Seat as a result of passing a question.
55. Each question must be answered within the following time limits (as measured by the Producer in its absolute discretion):
a. 15 seconds for questions 1 to 5;
b. 30 seconds for questions 6 to 10; and
c. 45 seconds for questions 11 to 15
If the Contestant sitting in the Hot Seat when the question is first asked fails to answer the question or pass the question before the expiry of the time limit, that Contestant will be eliminated. If the Contestant sitting in the Hot Seat when the question is first asked elects to pass the question, the time limit will be reset for the Contestant who moves to the Hot Seat. If the Contestant who has moved to the Hot Seat fails to answer the question before the expiry of the time limit, that Contestant will be eliminated and so forth.
56. The process described in clauses 51 to 55 continues in relation to all 15 questions. The Contestant that occupies the Hot Seat for the fifteenth question will win the money available to be won at the level of that question (as determined by the number of preceding incorrect answers) if they provide the Correct Answer to the question and will win $1,000 if they provide the Incorrect Answer to the question.
57. If all 6 Contestants have been eliminated prior to the fifteenth question being asked, the Producer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to discontinue the game and the recording of the relevant episode and to start a new game with the same or different Contestants. For the avoidance of doubt, no Contestant will win any money available to be won on a discontinued game.
58. A reference in these Conditions of Entry to "Correct Answer" means, with respect to each question put to a Contestant by the host of the Program as part of the game being played on the Program (as described in clauses 48 to 57 above), the most correct answer to that question from the selection of answers provided by the Producer as reasonably pre-determined by the Producer based on research conducted by the Producer or its authorised representatives.
59. Any prize money won by the Contestant that occupies the Hot Seat for the fifteenth question will be sent to their nominated bank account after 28 days from broadcast of the episode of the Program in which they won such prize. For the removal of doubt, prize money is only awarded following the broadcast of the Program. If the Program is not broadcast then no prize money will be awarded.
60. The Promoter is Nine Network Australia, 24 Artarmon Road, Willoughby NSW 2068. ABN 65 001 549 560